|Benefits:||full company benefit plan available|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Office:||Akron Distribution Center|
Under direction of the Parts Manager, processes parts orders and prepares pick lists for printing and picking. Maintains parts inventory database. Ensures appropriate parts levels are maintained.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. |
• Processes emergency/routine parts orders from Service Technicians and prepares pick list for picking.
• Processes external customer parts orders and pick list.
• Creates purchase orders based upon parts needs and submits to appropriate vendors.
• Enters product receipts into the operating system and prepares pick list for open service parts orders.
• Sets-up and maintains new product records and shipping information
• Maintains appropriate Service Technician car stock inventory records.
• Maintains an organized folder operating system for all open purchase orders and Service Technician’s incomplete parts orders.
• Releases incomplete parts calls to the Service Technician for completed parts orders.
• Provides ETA’s for backorders and expedites critical parts needs.
• Processes vendor Return Authorizations for damaged and poor quality products.
• Makes inventory corrections, adjustments and prices changes.
• Accurately processes branch credits and debits as necessary.
• Processes customer parts orders and pick lists.
• Researches and processes GIS parts requests from other GIS core dealers.
• Maintains alternate product and low cost provider’s records within the operating system.
• Supports and contributes in the monthly Alternate Committee meetings.
• Assists in quarterly parts inventory processes.
|Qualifications:||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.|
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
 Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
 Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
 Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
 Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.