|Salary Range:|| |
|Benefits:||Full company benefits|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Office:||Cincinnati Branch Office|
|Description:||SUMMARY: Manages and leads a branch sales team with responsibility for team performance and achievement of a target revenue and gross profit. Responsibilities include retaining and expanding the existing customer base, new business, and developing community relationships.
WHO IS COMDOC?
ComDoc, Inc. is a strong, successful $100+ million office equipment dealer headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Since 1955 we have provided companies in a multi-state area with document solutions that allow them to successfully manage their document flow and information cycle. We are one of the nation's largest office equipment distributors, providing a full range of copier and printer equipment and supplies, as well as outstanding service and support.
THE OPPORTUNITY: BRANCH SALES MANAGER
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER A SALES CAREER WITH COMDOC?
Generous benefit package which includes 401k, medical, dental, life insurance, and more
With ComDoc, you can be proud to represent a strong, financially secure company with an excellent reputation and community presence in the markets we serve.
As a strong, financially sound company, we have experienced unparalleled growth driven by committed employees and satisfied customers. Our Vision is to be a Great Place to Work and A Great Place to be a Customer. The 600+ employees of ComDoc invite YOU to share our vision! Sound interesting? We invite you to apply by completing the on-line application and submitting your resume.
• Collaborates in the development of market and account development strategies including the creation of sales teams, business plans and territory assignments.
• Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
• Determines customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
• Develops strategies to maximize market potential, take advantage of promotions, new product introductions, competitor weaknesses, and customer receptivity for new technology applications.
• Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
• Facilitates account development strategies on target accounts with sales team.
• Provides and conducts on-the-job coaching.
• Models the appropriate use of sales strategies and sales techniques in demonstration calls with sales representatives.
• Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in sales, support, and operations.
• Oversees and actively participates in the sales process.
• Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Develops consultative solutions to meet customer business and operation requirements when appropriate.
• Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
• Learns features, advantages, and benefits of ComDoc solutions and the applications of these in a customer's business.
• Ensures that all administrative processes related to sales are accurate and completed on time.
Directly supervises 5 to 12 employees in the Branch Sales and Branch Administration Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting monthly plan and reviews; completing annual appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Outstanding candidates will have demonstrated success in previous endeavors, and will have a strong work ethic and will be:
- Self-motivated and goal driven
- Gregarious and amiable with a well-developed sense of humor
- Technology literate
- Passionate about sales and moving business forward
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.